Spending today complaining about yesterday won’t make tomorrow any better.
-Calvin Dillard (so says the internet)
Well, time to face the music.
- $71.93 Groceries (Graze and Blue Apron)
- $254.83 Household (A new Up3 charger and a Nespresso machine, and coffee pods)
- $30.71 Eating Out (dinner out and then a trip to 7-11)
- $41.97 Cosmetics/Personal Items (Shampoo, soap, and toner from Lush)
- $1.00 Library fine
- $63.81 Gifts (flowers for a friend – her mother passed away – and Christmas gifts)
- $1400 Mortgage
Savings: $275; Withdrew $100 for Christmas gifts
I did horribly this week. This just illustrates the amount of creature comforts I have and that I DON’T need all of this stuff. If I simply reined in my spending, I wouldn’t have to work two jobs.
I did need shampoo and soap and toner – but did I need to buy it at Lush? The shampoo, yes. It lasts a lot longer than the other brands, and I can take it when I travel. Soap and toner…I should have gone to the local drugstore those items.
I thought I lost the charger to the Up3 (it was under my car seat), so I had to buy one.
Blue Apron and Graze. Luxuries I don’t need.
And the Nespresso machine. I have two coffee makers already; one is a Keurig and the other is a dual single serve/coffee pot brewer. I DID NOT need another coffeemaker. Especially one that will cost $1.10 a cup (and I drink 4 cups a day). But…
I went to the Nespresso stand in my local Bloomingdales to buy pods for my sister. (The only times I go to Bloomingdales is to use the bathroom or to cut through the store to get to the rest of the mall.) I always wondered why the line at the Nespresso counter was long. Now I know why.
I don’t know the name of the coffee I had. (Caramielizioleiosofzio. Or something like that.) But it was the best cup of coffee I had in a long, long time.
It stuck with me the rest of the day, and the next day, too. So I bought one. And I feel incredibly guilty.
Oh yeah, and I gained 9.9 pounds. This is what happens when I don’t go to Weight Watchers for three weeks, don’t track, don’t exercise and buy a CostCo-sized tin of butter cookies.
To do this week:
- Cancel Graze. I don’t need a snack subscription service. I could easily make my own snacks.
- Moratorium on Blue Apron. I like the service, but again, I can easily find the ingredients myself.
- Remember to pick up library books that I placed on hold.
- The only thing I can buy from Lush until my birthday is shampoo.
- Track my food.
- Do a 5k. It’s time for the Mustache Dache!